5.3.1. Settings of kinematics (stepper motor)¶
In the Application Settings Device configuration -> Stepper motor
Settings of stepper motor kinematics window
Motor parameters - directly related to the electric motor settings¶
- checking this flag associate the motor rotation direction with the position counting direction. Change the flag if positive motor rotation decreases the value on the position counter. This flag effect is similar to the motor winding reverse polarity.
- if this flag is checked motor ignores the preset speed and rotates at the maximum speed limit.
- if this flag is checked the controller limits maximum speed to the value specified in the field. For example, if the speed exceeds the rated value, controller will reduce output action, until the speed come back to the normal range. However, the controller remains operational and will continue the current task.
- motor rated speed.
- motor rated current. The controller will limit the current with this value.
- if this flag is checked engine current value is interpreted as root mean square current value. If the flag is unset, then engine current value is interpreted as maximum amplitude value.
Motion setup - movement kinematics settings¶
- movement speed.
- backlash compensation. Since the stage mechanics are not ideal there is a difference between approaching a given point from the right and from the left. When the backlash compensation mode is on the stage always approaches the point from one side. The preset value determines the number of steps which the stage takes to pass a given point in order to come back to it from the same side. If the specified number is above zero the stage always approaches the point from the right. If it is below zero the stage always approaches the point from the left.
- speed of backlash compensation. When the backlash compensation mode is on the stage approaches the point from the right or from the left with a preset speed determined in the number of steps per second.
- enables the motion in acceleration mode, the numerical value of the field is the acceleration of movement.
- movement deceleration.
- determines the number of steps for one complete motor revolution. The parameter is set by user.
- step division mode. 9 modes are available: from a whole step to the 1/256 of a step. Description of modes is in the Supported motor types.
An encoder can be used as feedback sensor for stepper motors. The following encoder types are available: Single-ended, Differential or Autodetect.
- this parameter defines the number of encoder pulses per one full motor axis revolution.
- interpret encoder signal as if it were reversed.