5.3.3. Critical board ratings¶
In the Application Settings Device configuration -> Maximum ratings
Controller critical parameters settings window
Critical board ratings - This group is responsible for the maximum values of input current and voltage on the controller, the maximum current and voltage for USB, the minimum voltage for USB, and the board temperature (if the temperature is measured on the given controller version).
If the controller current consumption value, power supply voltage or the temperature goes out of the allowed range defined here then the controller turns off all power outputs and switches to state. At the same time the Alarm state information will appear in the main window (window background will change to red) and the out of range parameter value will be displayed in blue or red (below or above the limit respectively).
If the flag is checked the low voltage supply protection is active. Then and below values of input voltage turns the controller into state.
The group Misc includes all other critical parameters settings.
- this parameter enables the state in case of power driver overheat.
- this parameter enables the state in case of the power driver malfunction signal.
- this parameter enables the state in case of incorrect boundary detection (activation of right limit switch upon moving to the left, or vice versa).
- locking of Alarm condition. If the check-box is unchecked the controller removes the Alarm flag as soon as it its cause is removed (e.g. in case of over-current the windings are disconnected, which results in the decreased current). If the is enabled, the Alarm mode cause and the mode are canceled by the command only.
- if this option is enabled, then the controller will reset USB link if the connection breaks.